[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - Binding JBoss to two addresses but not all addresses

Darryl Baker do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Feb 18 11:57:13 EST 2011

Darryl Baker [http://community.jboss.org/people/dpbaker57] created the discussion

"Binding JBoss to two addresses but not all addresses"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/588393#588393

In serveral of our environments we have a need to bind JBoss 5.1 to two addresses but not to all on the machine. We have two instances of the same application running on a single server. There are two IP ranges on different NICs. We can connect to the instances from one private NAT'ed from our intranet and another that faces the public Internet. We have been binding to all addresses on the machine and using the Jakarta plugin and multiple port numbers to sort things out. With IIS7 this solution is problematic. The IIS7 solution seems to requires that each instance of the application to be on a separate IP but if we continue to run multiple instances on the same we lose the ability to come in from our intranet unless we can bind JBoss to two addresses.