[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - JBoss Server View Missing from JBoss Tools

Steve Singer do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Feb 19 17:40:32 EST 2011

Steve Singer [http://community.jboss.org/people/stevesinger] created the discussion

"JBoss Server View Missing from JBoss Tools"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/588502#588502

When using earlier versions of JBoss Tools. there was a very nice "JBoss Server" view that allowed easy configuration of a JBoss Server.  The documentation states that this view still exists, but I cannot find it.

In lieu of that, I tried just adding a server, assigning it to JBoss 5.0 runtime, and then double-clicking to configure it.  However, when I click the "Open Launch Configuration" link, I get the following window pop-up:

Exception occurred creating launch configuration tabs.  Reason:  No tab group defined for launch configuration type org.jboss.ide.eclipse.as.core.server.startupConfiguration.

What am I missing?  Has anybody else encountered this problem?  Thanks in advance.