[jboss-user] [jBPM] - jBPM basic question

Ilja Kondrush do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Feb 21 18:04:00 EST 2011

Ilja Kondrush [http://community.jboss.org/people/theros] created the discussion

"jBPM basic question"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/588854#588854

Hello, everyone!
I have a few simple questions (well..they should be simple enough for people who have some experience working with/understanding jBPM..):

Because i'm really new to jBPM, i'll try to formulate questions correctly (btw.. excuse me for my poor english..)

I'm planning to create some sort of web-portal, where i can create/share business processes, maybe tasks for programmers or other employees. So..

1)Is this possible with Java/jBPM?
2)If  it is, can i separate the "viewable" parts of this portal by giving permissions for employees? (for instance, project managaer "A" has his/her own username/password, and, according to some sort of "check" he/she should be able to see/add/update some business processes, while programmer "B" should see only tasks that are given to HIM/HER, or the tasks that currently are "free to take")
3) Is there any way to notificate some participant (employee) on how "thing are going"? (meaning the processes)
4)Are there any good examples on how to use jBPM "in such manner" somewhere? Where should i start learning from?

Any good and answers and advices would be greatly appreciated..

Sincerely,
Ilja Kondrush