[jboss-user] [Performance Tuning] - Re: JBoss memory usage pattern

Loreno Oliveira do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Feb 22 13:27:52 EST 2011

Loreno Oliveira [http://community.jboss.org/people/lorenooliveira] created the discussion

"Re: JBoss memory usage pattern"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/589072#589072

Peter, I understand the point that visualvm can be, itself, altering in some sense the environment that it monitors. However, I tried to understand how big is this influnce by means of a simple test (I just don't know whether it was too simple...).

Using visualvm with its default configuration (1s pooling), I noticed that the heap usage of my application oscilates in a window of aproximately 2gb. Then I changed the pooling to 10 and 30 seconds, in two following tests. With these new configurations, the heap usage is still in the same window.

Am I testing this the right way? Should this change in the pooling interval change the size of the windows noticed in the monitoring?

Start a new discussion in Performance Tuning at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2078]