[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - BPEL Editor - quick update

Robert (Bob) Brodt do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Feb 23 11:30:47 EST 2011

Robert (Bob) Brodt [http://community.jboss.org/people/bbrodt] commented on

"BPEL Editor - quick update"

To view all comments on this blog post, visit: http://community.jboss.org/community/tools/blog/2011/02/15/bpel-editor--quick-update#comment-5468

Hi Grid,

1 I disagree - for processes with lots of partner links I think this will be useful. And it follows the well established multiple views paradigm that users have come to expect.

2 yes you are correct, BPEL does not have the concept of subprocesses and the equivalent is a Scope.

3 I think the idea is to make the editor easier to use and understand for business analysts and people who are not familiar with BPEL. If this means hiding some of the details and making it look more like BPMN, then that's OK. These pages are meant to be used in addition to the current graphical Design page. We can also allow the user to show or hide any of these pages with Preferences. How about a "BPEL Classic" and "BPEL Lite"  ;)