[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services] - Editing an outbound soap message

Branislav Milojkovic do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sat Feb 26 17:44:44 EST 2011

Branislav Milojkovic [http://community.jboss.org/people/crazypenguin] created the discussion

"Editing an outbound soap message"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/589872#589872

Hi all,
I have a need to intercept an outbound SOAPMessage and add some info to it (used to sign the request).

I am using JBoss version 4.2.3. I get the following exception

Caused by: org.jboss.util.NotImplementedException: setTextContent
    at org.jboss.ws.core.soap.NodeImpl.setTextContent(NodeImpl.java:652)

When invoking the second line from this piece of code:

Element element = node.getOwnerDocument().createElement(elementName);
element.setTextContent(elementText);
node.appendChild(element);

Now, if i do this in a non-ejb project, the SOAPMessage instance is one from appache-commons and that works fine, since tracking down the node I need leads me to appache implementation of the Node interface, which happens to have the setTextContent method not throw an exception.  :)

Now, two solutions that come to my mind is
1) There is another way to modify an outbound SOAPMessage that I am not aware of (*crosses fingers*)
2) Somehow disable SOAP handling from JBoss, which will hopefully result in appache handling it.

Ideas? Hope I'm not giving too few details, I just don't want this message to be any longer than it needs to. (:

Kind regards,
Branislav.

[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2044]