[jboss-user] [JBoss Remoting] - LeasePinger, sessionId, jboss messaging

Mark Torres do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jan 3 07:13:05 EST 2011

Mark Torres [http://community.jboss.org/people/mark_v_torres] created the discussion

"LeasePinger, sessionId, jboss messaging"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/577764#577764

Hi,

We're experiencing intermittent connection issues with jboss messaging.
Client
jboss app server 4.2.3.GA
jboss messaging 1.4.5.GA
jboss remoting 2.2.3.SP3

Server
jboss app server 4.2.3.GA
jboss messaging 1.4.5.GA
jboss remoting 2.2.3.SP3

We've set up an exception listener on the client side that "reconnects" upon failure. However, we do get into situations where the connection becomes dead on the server side, but the exception listener does not fire on the client side.

We're able to recreate the issue locally when we pause the client...

kill -s STOP <pid>

wait till the server detects and disconnects the client, and resume the client

kill -s CONT <pid>

I tried tracing the issue and come across a possible cause...

During the resume, 2 ping threads awake, one for LeasePinger and one for ConnectionValidator

LeasePinger does not set ServerInvoker.INVOKER_SESSION_ID on the requestPayload map, but ConnectionValidator.doCheckConnectionWithLease does.

On the server side, ServerInvoker.invoke, if ServerInvoker.INVOKER_SESSION_ID is not in the requestPayloadMap, the server creates/updates the lease.

I think the issue happens when the LeasePinger thread fires before the ConnectionValidator thread.

Can you please give us insights on how we can overcome this problem.

I attached the remoting-bisocket config on the server side.

Start a new discussion in JBoss Remoting at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2050]