[jboss-user] [EJB3] - Re: How to manage TimerService/scheduled task on mutiple application servers

Guillermo Fernández do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jan 3 12:49:29 EST 2011

Guillermo Fernández [http://community.jboss.org/people/perfilgeminis] created the discussion

"Re: How to manage TimerService/scheduled task on mutiple application servers"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/578427#578427

People, I was taking this problem around. Like I said, I probe succesfully to connect the TimerService to the same database (table on database) for the multiple servers.

When I create a timer, it is persisted into the database. After that, when any jboss server start up take and instanciate the timer persisted (because is the same database for every server's TimerService.

Now, if I go on this way to the solution, the proble is that when I create a timer through a sever, the rest of the server that was already running don't instantied it.

So now I have the next questions:
- Jboss "refresh/consult" to the database of timer periodicaly or every particulary time?
- There is a way to configure to do/modify this "periodicaly refresh" of the timers?

Regards
Guillermo

Start a new discussion in EJB3 at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2029]