[jboss-user] [JBoss Microcontainer] - Re: How to stop my WAR loading JBoss's provided 3rd party classes?

Petr H do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jan 4 17:00:56 EST 2011

Petr H [http://community.jboss.org/people/hostalp] created the discussion

"Re: How to stop my WAR loading JBoss's provided 3rd party classes?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/578828#578828

> But you can always simply add your own jar with custom filter impls,
> and then simple use <javabean> to instantiate them.
> Like I already said, this is simple to duplicate - just check how we do it.

Yes I know, that's how I'll try it (after we manage to get the app at least fully starting on JBAS 6) but the main idea was to avoid the need for messing up with the JBoss-level code as much as possible - so try to make it possible with standard JBoss code and just "configuration changes".

As for that IncompatibleClassChangeError discussed in parallel - yes I think you're right with JPA stuff being in the app, I was seeing very similar issues when having JAXB and JTA stuff in there in my case. Here, parent-first=true would very likely "fix" that as well.

However parent-first=false is easier in my case, for example because of logging - I've got a log4j property file on classpath, initializing it via Spring (org.springframework.web.util.Log4jConfigListener) and with parent-first=false it logs more or less (well it steals JBoss' own logging but whatever)"out-of-the-box" while with parent-first=true everything naturally goes into JBoss server log. I recall there was supposed to be implemented some possibility to let it working properly with these multiple log4j configs etc (I think this was it but I'm not that sure at the moment:  http://community.jboss.org/docs/DOC-13346 http://community.jboss.org/wiki/LoggingPOJOServiceRequirements) but haven't looked at it yet.

Start a new discussion in JBoss Microcontainer at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2114]