[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - jboss tools and maven

nimo stephan do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jan 11 04:30:02 EST 2011

nimo stephan [http://community.jboss.org/people/nimo22] created the discussion

"jboss tools and maven"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/579957#579957

I am using jboss tools and maven and found out that when I do that task:

*mvn clean package*

my source code is not compiled even the source code is changed by me, that means, old source code is packaged (and the strange thing is, I do not know, where maven (or whatever) takes these old source code as it does not exist anymore in my project-folder.

Does anyone knows what is going on here?

[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO]
[INFO] Building TESTAPP 1.0.0-SNAPSHOT
[INFO]
[INFO] --- maven-clean-plugin:2.4.1:clean (default-clean) @ TESTAPP---
[INFO]
[INFO] --- maven-resources-plugin:2.4.3:resources (default-resources) @ TESTAPP---
[INFO] Using 'UTF-8' encoding to copy filtered resources.
[INFO] Copying 4 resources
[INFO]
[INFO] --- maven-compiler-plugin:2.3.2:compile (default-compile) @ TESTAPP---
[INFO] Compiling 35 source files to C:\workspaces\TESTAPP\target\classes
[INFO]
[INFO] --- maven-resources-plugin:2.4.3:resources (default-resources) @ TESTAPP---
[INFO] Using 'UTF-8' encoding to copy filtered resources.
[INFO] Copying 4 resources
[INFO]
[INFO] --- maven-compiler-plugin:2.3.2:compile (default-compile) @ MES ---
[INFO] Nothing to compile - all classes are up to date
[INFO]
[INFO] --- maven-resources-plugin:2.4.3:testResources (default-testResources) @ MES ---
[INFO] Using 'UTF-8' encoding to copy filtered resources.
[INFO] Copying 0 resource
[INFO]
[INFO] --- maven-compiler-plugin:2.3.2:testCompile (default-testCompile) @ MES ---
[INFO] Compiling 2 source files to C:\workspaces\TESTAPP\target\test-classes
[INFO]
[INFO] --- maven-surefire-plugin:2.5:test (default-test) @ MES ---
[INFO] Surefire report directory: C:\workspaces\TESTAPP\target\surefire-reports

when opening the target-folder, I can see that the the class "MyCustomerEJB.class" has a timestamp of septemer 2010, but I changed the "MyCustomerEJB.java" today and this change is not compiled and packaged into target-folder. I do not know, where maven takes this OLD class. It is really strange!