[jboss-user] [Datasource Configuration] - JBoss "forgets" MSSQL password

Fred Huelsbeck do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jan 11 14:33:13 EST 2011

Fred Huelsbeck [http://community.jboss.org/people/fhuelsbeck] created the discussion

"JBoss "forgets" MSSQL password"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/580120#580120

I am running JBoss 4.0.5 GA on Windows 2008 32bit.  During a 29 minute period connection to my MSSQL server was non-funtional.  The server log shows login failed and the MSSQL log indicates the password being supplied was invalid.

Server.log
org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.JBossManagedConnectionPool -- Throwable while attempting to get a new connection: null
org.jboss.resource.JBossResourceException: Could not create connection; - nested throwable: (java.sql.SQLException: Login failed for user <DBO>

MSSQL
Login failed for user <DBO>. Reason: Password did not match that for the login provided.

There were no JBoss or MSSQL process or sever restarts during this period for either server.  Also, I have verified the password in all datasources is set correctly.  It truly appears the password was "forgotten" for 29 minutes.  Any ideas on how to troubleshoot/identify a root cause will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers... Fred

Start a new discussion in Datasource Configuration at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2077]