[jboss-user] [EJB3] - EJBContainer doesn't deploy my SessionBean

Julien Smadja do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Jan 16 12:13:12 EST 2011

Julien Smadja [http://community.jboss.org/people/jsmadja] created the discussion

"EJBContainer doesn't deploy my SessionBean"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/581031#581031

Hi everybody,

I'm trying to execute a simple JUnit Test Case with a stateless session bean. There is no problem when I deploy this jar in glassfish or in Jboss 6.
But, when I try to execute my test, the Jboss EJBContainer starts fine and my SessionBean failed to deploy.

Here the details :

My container initialization :

@BeforeClass
    public static void initJBoss() throws NamingException {
        container = EJBContainer.createEJBContainer();
        context = container.getContext();
        service = (IPersonService) context.lookup("PersonService/local");
    }

My session bean definition :

@Stateless
@Local
public class PersonService implements IPersonService {

    @PersistenceContext
    EntityManager em;

    public Person create(Person person) {
        em.persist(person);
        return person;
    }
}

And now, the errors (no difference when I'm running through Eclipse or Maven 3) :

javax.ejb.EJBException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
    at org.jboss.ejb3.embedded.impl.standalone.JBossStandaloneEJBContainerProvider.createEJBContainer(JBossStandaloneEJBContainerProvider.java:134)
    at javax.ejb.embeddable.EJBContainer.createEJBContainer(EJBContainer.java:97)
    at javax.ejb.embeddable.EJBContainer.createEJBContainer(EJBContainer.java:79)
    at com.xebia.ejbcontainer.service.PersonServiceTest.initJBoss(PersonServiceTest.java:29)
    at org.junit.runners.model.FrameworkMethod$1.runReflectiveCall(FrameworkMethod.java:44)
    at org.junit.internal.runners.model.ReflectiveCallable.run(ReflectiveCallable.java:15)
    at org.junit.runners.model.FrameworkMethod.invokeExplosively(FrameworkMethod.java:41)
    at org.junit.internal.runners.statements.RunBefores.evaluate(RunBefores.java:27)
    at org.junit.internal.runners.statements.RunAfters.evaluate(RunAfters.java:31)
    at org.junit.runners.ParentRunner.run(ParentRunner.java:236)
    at org.apache.maven.surefire.junit4.JUnit4TestSet.execute(JUnit4TestSet.java:35)
    at org.apache.maven.surefire.junit4.JUnit4Provider.executeTestSet(JUnit4Provider.java:146)
    at org.apache.maven.surefire.junit4.JUnit4Provider.invoke(JUnit4Provider.java:97)
    at org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.ProviderFactory$ClassLoaderProxy.invoke(ProviderFactory.java:103)
    at $Proxy0.invoke(Unknown Source)
    at org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireStarter.invokeProvider(SurefireStarter.java:145)
    at org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireStarter.runSuitesInProcess(SurefireStarter.java:87)
    at org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.ForkedBooter.main(ForkedBooter.java:69)
    at org.jboss.ejb3.embedded.impl.standalone.JBossStandaloneEJBContainerProvider.createEJBContainer(JBossStandaloneEJBContainerProvider.java:122)
    ... 25 more
Caused by: javax.ejb.EJBException: org.jboss.embedded.api.DeploymentException: org.jboss.deployers.client.spi.IncompleteDeploymentException: Summary of incomplete deployments (SEE PREVIOUS ERRORS FOR DETAILS):

DEPLOYMENTS MISSING DEPENDENCIES:
  Deployment "jboss.ejb3:application=cla,module=cla,component=PersonService,service=EjbEncFactory" is missing the following dependencies:
    Dependency "jboss.naming:application=cla,component=PersonService,module=cla" (should be in state "Installed", but is actually in state "** NOT FOUND Depends on 'jboss.naming:application=cla,component=PersonService,module=cla' **")
  Deployment "jboss.j2ee:jar=classes,name=PersonService,service=EJB3" is missing the following dependencies:
    Dependency "jboss.ejb3:application=cla,component=PersonService,module=cla,service=EjbEncFactory" (should be in state "Installed", but is actually in state "Described")
    Dependency "org.jboss.ejb.bean.instantiator/cla/cla/PersonService" (should be in state "Installed", but is actually in state "** NOT FOUND Depends on 'org.jboss.ejb.bean.instantiator*/cla/cla/PersonService*' **")
  Deployment "jboss.j2ee:jar=classes,name=PersonService,service=EJB3,type=nointerface-view-jndi-binder" is missing the following dependencies:
    Dependency "jboss.j2ee:jar=classes,name=PersonService,service=EJB3" (should be in state "Installed", but is actually in state "Instantiated")
  Deployment "jboss.j2ee:jar=classes,name=PersonService,service=EJB3_endpoint" is missing the following dependencies:
    Dependency "jboss.j2ee:jar=classes,name=PersonService,service=EJB3" (should be in state "Installed", but is actually in state "Instantiated")

DEPLOYMENTS IN ERROR:
  Deployment "org.jboss.ejb.bean.instantiator/cla/cla/PersonService" is in error due to the following reason(s): ** NOT FOUND Depends on 'org.jboss.ejb.bean.instantiator/cla/cla/PersonService' **
  Deployment "jboss.naming:application=cla,component=PersonService,module=cla" is in error due to the following reason(s): ** NOT FOUND Depends on 'jboss.naming:application=cla,component=PersonService,module=cla' **
  Deployment "jboss.ejb3:application=cla,component=PersonService,module=cla,service=EjbEncFactory" is in error due to the following reason(s): Described

Any idea ? What is the */cla/cla/PersonService* thing *?*

Start a new discussion in EJB3 at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2029]