[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services] - Re: Attaching a WS-Security policy forces use of "Standard WSSecurity Endpoint" configuration

Alessio Soldano do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jan 17 06:01:51 EST 2011

Alessio Soldano [http://community.jboss.org/people/alessio.soldano%40jboss.com] created the discussion

"Re: Attaching a WS-Security policy forces use of "Standard WSSecurity Endpoint" configuration"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/581158#581158

> Riccardo Serafin wrote:
>
> Grazie Alession,
>
> I was in fact thinking to switch to CXF, but the native stack seemed more simple for what I needed. I'm trying to integrate with the PIcketLink-STS, where the integration, as far as I know, is based on the native stack.
Yes PicketLink has been initially targetting jbossws-native, but as far as I know the dev team there is also considering jbossws-cxf lately. I've provided few contribution on ws stack agnostic integration in the past months ( http://community.jboss.org/thread/157409 http://community.jboss.org/thread/157409), so something should indeed already work with jbossws-cxf.

Regarding a patch for the specific configuration issue here, that would be welcome for sure, but to be honest I expect you to have further more complex issue with WS-SecurityPolicy once you're done with that.

Regarding the future of jbossws stacks, with jbossws-cxf installed by default on AS 6 now, new features are going to provided on it (at least on it first). As of today, JBossWS future is mainly on the CXF based stack. However, JBossWS-Native is going to remain supported for long time, at least because it's part of the Red Hat enterprise offering. Right, JBossWS-Metro development has been discontinued.

[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2044]