[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: Incorrect Gateway diverge and converge operations in jBPM 5

shashi mhatre do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 19 22:36:29 EST 2011

shashi mhatre [http://community.jboss.org/people/khalipili] created the discussion

"Re: Incorrect Gateway diverge and converge operations in jBPM 5"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/581953#581953

Hello Mauricio.. This is not a correct behavior for process execution. consider below simple example which will fail in this case. there is a process where one user is ordering a book from different libraries. in above case it will be our human task. Our order process will create task for different libraries to provide information as whether book is available or not. As we want any one of the library to respond so that we can continue with our process and borrow the book. once we get the response from one library, task created for other library should have been aborted once the process reaches to converge node.

as process executor never abort the task at the gateway node converge, other task will be still available for second library which may respond at later stage where user might be waiting to order book from first library.. this is incorrect.