[jboss-user] [jBPM] - jBPM5, Oryx and global elements required by serviceTask

vsp do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jan 20 15:28:40 EST 2011

vsp [http://community.jboss.org/people/vsp] created the discussion

"jBPM5, Oryx and global elements required by serviceTask"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/582196#582196

This question mostly applies to the Oryx editor, but I'm asking it here since it ties into the model execution by jBPM.  Please let me know if this is not the right forum for these type of questions.

In order to use the BPMN's serviceTask functionality, one needs to define global elements like itemDefinition, message, interface and operation.  AFAIK, Oryx does not support defining these elements, as well as process-wide elements, such as property.

Do you know whether there are any plans to add support for these elements in Oryx?  My question was triggered by this recently released Eclipse-based BPMN editor -  http://koentsje.blogspot.com/2010/12/eclipsing-bpmn-20.html http://koentsje.blogspot.com/2010/12/eclipsing-bpmn-20.html -, which has support for these elements in the "Definitions View" and process's "Details View".  Currently, I'm transforming the Oryx-produced BPMN into jBPM-executable BPMN via XSLT.   Does anybody have a better solution to share?

Thank you for your time.
Vlad