[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: Incorrect Gateway diverge and converge operations in jBPM 5

Mauricio Salatino do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jan 21 08:23:46 EST 2011

Mauricio Salatino [http://community.jboss.org/people/salaboy21] created the discussion

"Re: Incorrect Gateway diverge and converge operations in jBPM 5"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/582355#582355

I think that there is no wrong and right process executions. jBPM5 provides you the flexibility for situation like the one you mention and also for more wider situations where you don't want that all the activities created by the process needs to be ended when a gateway is reached.
If I need to model the situation that you mention I should create a sub process that contains only the gateways and the User Tasks. When the sub process ends (with just one completed activity) the parent process can continue knowing that there are no more active tasks pending.
You can also create an script task to abort manually all the pending tasks after the XOR converging gateway.
Greetings.