[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services] - Re: How to define context-root or URL for web service?

Baradon Terendil do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jan 24 06:30:07 EST 2011

Baradon Terendil [http://community.jboss.org/people/baradon] created the discussion

"Re: How to define context-root or URL for web service?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/582740#582740

Hi Alessio,

thanks for the link.  It partly solved my problem.  I now can define the URL via the jboss.xml file.  The only thing is, that this file needs to be in the ejb-jar. Is there a way to configure this directly in the ear-file, without touching the ejb-jar?

@Timo:  I agree, that the actual artefact deployed in an application server will most likely not be portable.  That's fine for me.  My problem is, that we have some JARs treated as an AS-independant product.  These JARs will be used in project-specific (and therefore AS-specific) EARs.

I know that I could now re-pack the ejb-jar and add the project specific jboss.xml file.  But for me it would be a cleaner solution, if it could be configured at EAR level.

Best regards,

Heiner

[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2044]