[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Console Server

Amin Mohammed-Coleman do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jan 26 14:33:51 EST 2011

Amin Mohammed-Coleman [http://community.jboss.org/people/aminmc] created the discussion

"Console Server"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/583395#583395

Hi

I would like to use the gwt-console-server in order to monitor and inspect workflow processes.  I understand there are RESTful urls to inspect process instances and get images (i'm not sure if this image indicates what the active nodes in the process are).  I have been trying to follow the discussion which shows how to integrate the console with standalone tomcat however I have come across some problems.  I have the following project structure for my workflow application:

src/main/resources/bpmn/...
src/main/resources/META-INF/orm.xml
src/main/resources/META-INF/persistence.xml

I copied over the necessary jars into the lib directory of my tomcat installation and updated my context.xml in the conf directory of my tomcat to be

In the catalina.bat I have added the following:

-Djbpm.console.directory={location of the bpmn files}

I presume I don't need  guvnor running...

When I execute the following:

curl ... " http://localhost:8080/gwt-console-server/rs../instance/ http://localhost:8080/gwt-console-server/rs../instance/{1} (sorry I can't remember the full url) I get the following exception:

        org.jboss.bpm.console.server.util.GWTJsonFilter.doFilter(GWTJsonFilter.java:59)
ools.persistence.jpa
        javax.persistence.Persistence.createEntityManagerFactory(Persistence.java:56)
        javax.persistence.Persistence.createEntityManagerFactory(Persistence.java:34)
        org.jbpm.integration.console.CommandDelegate.newStatefulKnowledgeSession(CommandDelegate.java:1

Am i following the right steps?  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Amin