[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - Re: 64 bit xulrunner - has anyone got one, or detailed steps to build one?

henk de boer do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Jan 30 08:49:02 EST 2011

henk de boer [http://community.jboss.org/people/henk53] created the discussion

"Re: 64 bit xulrunner - has anyone got one, or detailed steps to build one?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/584118#584118

> Maxim Areshkau wrote:
>
> If say about future usage of XR, possibly it will be good to move on webkit, which eclipse have support too.

Possible, but this one too has some problems:

> The runtime requirements for using WebKit-based Browsers are listed below. Note that failure to meet these runtime requirements will cause the Browser instantiation to fail.
> * Windows:* 32-bit SWT
> * Safari must be installed
> * For OSs older than XP+SP1, the path to the Apple Application Support installation must be prepended to Windows' "Path" environment variable before running eclipse. This installation will be in a location like "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support".
>
> * Linux: WebKitGTK 1.2.0 or newer must be in the library load path. Examples of Linux distros that meet this requirement by default include Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 and Ubuntu 10.04.
> * OS X: No additional runtime requirements, the default renderer is WebKit-based.

+See: http://www.eclipse.org/swt/faq.php#howusewebkit+

So even though I would personally prefer this as an OS X user, it seems that the 32-bit SWT requirement for Windows is a killer letdown here.+
+