[jboss-user] [Javassist] - is it possible to intercept calls of methods belonging to an abstract class with javassist?

Sergio Celentano do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Jan 30 13:55:26 EST 2011

Sergio Celentano [http://community.jboss.org/people/sergio.celentano] created the discussion

"is it possible to intercept calls of methods belonging to an abstract class with javassist?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/584131#584131

Hi guys,

I ve looked tons of papers and tutorials about javassist, but I could not find any work-around for this issue.
Maybe someone of you already ran into this problem and can help me.

I only want to know if there's a way (at least the possibility) to intercept calls of static methods belonging to an abstract class through javassist trapMethodCall() function.
I got no problem doing this with public classes (of which I have an instanced object), but when I pass an abstract class to makeReflective() method I cant intercept the calls made to its methods (nothing happens).

I remember that Java Reflection API gave a way to invoke static methods and I suppose that I can somehow do the same with Javassist.

Thanks in advance for any reply =)

Best regards,

Sergio

Start a new discussion in Javassist at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2062]