[jboss-user] [jBPM] - H2 database problems, running jBPM 5.1 demo

Michael Wagner do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jul 1 06:09:00 EDT 2011

Michael Wagner [http://community.jboss.org/people/michael.wagner] created the discussion

"H2 database problems, running jBPM 5.1 demo"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/612944#612944

Hi,

I am very new to jBPM, features looks impressive. I tried the demo since yesterday and run always again in problems with the database. Yesterday I had some "transaction not possible" problems, now I run into: "Database may be already in use: "Locked by another process". Possible solutions: close all other connection(s); use the server mode [90020-157] 90020/90020"

What I have done to get this error:

1) download the full installer
2) run "ant install.demo"
3) run "ant start.demo"
4) play with the example in eclipse (works very well)
5) start the console in the browser and clicked on "process history"

Then the error occurs. Restarting by calling "ant stop.demo" and then "ant start.demo" does not help. Cosole login is showing up, after login just a white site is displayed. The log showing:

2011-07-01 11:27:36,882 WARN  [org.jboss.resource.connectionmanager.JBossManagedConnectionPool] (main) Throwable while attempting to get a new connection: null
org.jboss.resource.JBossResourceException: Could not create connection; - nested throwable: (org.h2.jdbc.JdbcSQLException: Datenbank wird wahrscheinlich bereits benutzt: "Locked by another process". Mögliche Lösungen: alle Verbindungen schliessen; Server Modus verwenden
Database may be already in use: "Locked by another process". Possible solutions: close all other connection(s); use the server mode [90020-124]
    at org.h2.message.Message.getSQLException(Message.java:111)
    at org.h2.message.Message.getSQLException(Message.java:122)
    at org.h2.message.Message.getSQLException(Message.java:75)
    at org.h2.store.FileLock.getExceptionAlreadyInUse(FileLock.java:474)
    at org.h2.store.FileLock.lockFile(FileLock.java:333)
    at org.h2.store.FileLock.lock(FileLock.java:131)

I will no reboot windows and hope this helps  ;)

Is there something about the H2 installation I overlooked? It is important for us the the process engine NEVER runs into such a lock. So I have to find out why this happens. Somebody had the same problems?

Michael