[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - JBoss Connection Pool

Felipe Armoni do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 6 23:10:53 EDT 2011

Felipe Armoni [http://community.jboss.org/people/komyg] created the discussion

"JBoss Connection Pool"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/613800#613800

Hi, I am deveoloping a Web Service solution that is hosted inside a JBoss 4.2.3 sever and connects to a JMS queue that is hosted on another server.

So far I am creating a new connection to the JMS queue each time the web service is called, this means that, whenever a new session is opened on  a new connection to the JMS queue is created.

I am aware that this implementation is very inneficient and I am thinking about creating a connection pool so that I don't have to create a new connection everytime the web service receives a new request.

Does JBoss have any modules that could help me? If not, is there a third party API that implements this?

Thanks,
Felipe