[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: Persistence and Transaction Management

Marco Piraccini do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jul 8 05:49:28 EDT 2011

Marco Piraccini [http://community.jboss.org/people/mpiraccini] created the discussion

"Re: Persistence and Transaction Management"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/614099#614099

A though about that.
It seems that the RESOURCE_LOCAL transaction-type is not supported.
Indeed if I simply delete  transaction-type="JTA" from the persistence.xml, this NPE is thrown.

    at org.drools.persistence.SingleSessionCommandService.<init>(SingleSessionCommandService.java:138)
    ... 36 more

The cause is that the SingleSessionCommandService try to set a sessionId that has not been generated in that line:

((InternalKnowledgeRuntime) ksession).setId( this.sessionInfo.getId() );

I don't know if that is an issue (JBPM is supposed to support the RESOURCE_LOCAL transaction type?????). Anyway, if the RESOURCE_LOCAL is not supported, the API should detect this situation and communicate that in a more nicer way...
Could we add an issue to Jira about that?