[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - Re: JBoss 5.1 Web Services Problem

developer.gubler do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jul 11 09:41:15 EDT 2011

developer.gubler [http://community.jboss.org/people/developer.gubler] created the discussion

"Re: JBoss 5.1 Web Services Problem"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/614435#614435

The issue for me was that I did not have compatible versions of JBoss AS and JBoss WS.  I found the compatibility matrix provided by JBoss and now I am having a different issue (someone pointed me at it).

The error that I am receiving is as follows (there are many of these errors, but they are for the various fields of the schema -- in this case FILLER is the field):

12:41:02,606 ERROR [JBossXSErrorHandler] JBossWS_web.mypurpose.mydivision.mycompany.com_5614093067662035472.xsd[domain: http://www.w3.org/TR/xm http://www.w3.org/TR/xm
l-schema-1]::[key=src-resolve]::Message=src-resolve: Cannot resolve the name 'ns1:FILLER' to a(n) 'element declaration' component.

I am receiving it when I drop my war file into the deploy directory.  I believe that JBoss is incorrectly generating the XSD because I create an initial XSD, use the XSD to generate my JAXB files, then I put everything into a WAR file and deploy it.  This strategy works with GlassFish, but fails for JBoss.  I know that I can view the auto-generated XSD in the server/default/tmp/jbossws directory.  And I know that what is being generated is invalid by checking the contents of files in that directory.  Obviously, I am not doing something correctly, but it is driving me insane trying to figure this out in the time frame that I have been given for this project.

My problem is that I don't know how to remedy this issue.  I have been on the web searching for this, but have been unsuccessful finding anything so any help would be greatly appreciated.

I am using the following versions:
JBoss 5.1.0
JBossWS Native 3.4.0

Thanks,