[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: passing objects between tasks

Demian Calcaprina do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jul 11 13:11:59 EDT 2011

Demian Calcaprina [http://community.jboss.org/people/calca] created the discussion

"Re: passing objects between tasks"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/614504#614504

Sorry, I thought you needed human tasks. Anyway, it is the same, inputs and outputs from tasks, that I described.
You can check in this process how process variables are used in the bpmn file:
 https://github.com/calcacuervo/HumanTaskExamples/blob/master/human-task-web-ui-example/human-tasks-server-management/src/main/resources/process/jbpm5/humanTask.bpmn https://github.com/calcacuervo/HumanTaskExamples/blob/master/human-task-web-ui-example/human-tasks-server-management/src/main/resources/process/jbpm5/humanTask.bpmn

In case it is not a human task, I imagine you will have your own WorkItemHandlers, right?
Then, to get the input, something like this should work:
workItem.getParameter("personInput");
Then modify it,
And then complete the task with
Map<String, Object> output;
output.put("personOutput")
manager.completeWorkItem(workItem.getId(), );