[jboss-user] [Snowdrop] - Re: JBoss 6 + Snowdrop2 + Red5

Bruno Santos do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jul 19 09:15:49 EDT 2011

Bruno Santos [http://community.jboss.org/people/bmsantos] created the discussion

"Re: JBoss 6 + Snowdrop2 + Red5"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/616120#616120

Marius,

No code changes but quite a few Spring configuration changes and source code repackaging into a j2ee friendly way (otherwise it would not work).

Basically, all you do is to get the Spring wars from Red5, explode them into the ear. Get all the classes under the WEB-INF/classes into a jar and place it in the red5.ear/lib dir. Then there are some Spring configuration changes (would like to find an easier way to do it).

Besides this, the other main issue was that Red5 does not pack everything neatly organized. I had to check out the src code and look into the missing parts in the red5.war. Once that was working, all it seems to need is to get the rest of the examples from the "Install" app (downloads are placed into the red5.war) and do exactly the same process that I briefly described in above (explode war, reconfigure Spring files, etc).

A good way for you to find the differences is for you to use the "install web app" (run server, go to Red5 page and select "install" link) to actually download the original oflaDemo.war file. Then you can compare it with the way I've packaged it in the ear.

I'll explain it in more detail in an Article as soon as I have some more time for it.

Cheers,
Bruno

Start a new discussion in Snowdrop at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2082]