[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Problem with attaching super process

Tomasz Tomasz do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Jul 20 02:59:34 EDT 2011

Tomasz Tomasz [http://community.jboss.org/people/sonicool] created the discussion

"Problem with attaching super process"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/616286#616286

Hello everybody,
I have got a problem with jBPM which is making me crazy, and I would be grateful if somebody could help me. I am doing some kind of ‘migration application’, which aim is to to ‘replace’ the old process instance in database with the new one. I have got serious problem with doing this, when there is a super process to the instance which I am just changing (replacing).

Here is an example:
At the beginning the tables look like this:
 http://community.jboss.org/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/2-616286-16751/s1.png  http://community.jboss.org/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-616286-16751/450-215/s1.png

After this I am doing some ‘code work’ which looks more and less like this:
ProcessInstance newProcessInstance = createNewInstance(….)
Token superToken = oldProcessInstance.getSuperProcessToken();

superToken.setSubProcessInstance(newProcessInstance);
newProcessInstance.setSuperProcessToken(superToken);

ctx.save(newProcessInstance)

The result looks like this:
 http://community.jboss.org/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/2-616286-16752/s2.png  http://community.jboss.org/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-616286-16752/450-234/s2.png

So like you see, one reference from the super token is not being created. Could somebody help me with this?

Regards,
T.