[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - Re: Crazy Behavior After Adding a Dependency

Rob Williams do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jul 21 19:44:06 EDT 2011

Rob Williams [http://community.jboss.org/people/robwms63] created the discussion

"Re: Crazy Behavior After Adding a Dependency"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/616872#616872

Hi Max,

I have a whole bunch of screenshots. What's the best way to post them. Lemme show you the error:

ArtifactDescriptorException: Failed to read artifact descriptor for commons-httpclient:commons-httpclient:jar:3.1-jbossorg-1: ArtifactResolutionException: Failure to transfer commons-httpclient:commons-httpclient:pom:3.1-jbossorg-1 from  https://repository.jboss.org/nexus/content/groups/public/ https://repository.jboss.org/nexus/content/groups/public/ was cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of jboss-public-repository-group has elapsed or updates are forced. Original error: Could not transfer artifact commons-httpclient:commons-httpclient:pom:3.1-jbossorg-1 from/to jboss-public-repository-group ( https://repository.jboss.org/nexus/content/groups/public/): https://repository.jboss.org/nexus/content/groups/public/): Error transferring file: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested t!
 arget

Wait, so I guess maybe this is a repository error. I couldn't see this before because there is no stack trace in the Problems pane. You have to bring up the Properties dialog and clip it out.

This does not happen at the command line. Bizarre...