[jboss-user] [jBPM] - TaskServer with external User/Organization data

Hans Liss do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jul 22 05:35:54 EDT 2011

Hans Liss [http://community.jboss.org/people/hansliss] created the discussion

"TaskServer with external User/Organization data"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/616960#616960

What is the recommended way to set up a Task Server that uses an external directory for User/Org information? I don't want to replicate many thousands of records in the Task Server's database, so I want to have it query our own custom DAO (using its own cache mechanism, of course) for anything pertaining to Users and Groups.

The org.jbpm.userprofile package seems to be meant for this kind of thing, but I can't see how to use it with the included TaskService.

Best regards,

Hans