[jboss-user] [JBoss Tools] - Re: JBoss 7 AS suddenly no longer shows log in eclipse console view

Jan Tim do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jul 22 11:36:28 EDT 2011

Jan Tim [http://community.jboss.org/people/jantimw] created the discussion

"Re: JBoss 7 AS suddenly no longer shows log in eclipse console view"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/617071#617071

I was able to solve the problem just a couple of minutes ago  :)

Apparently something caused my AS to not shut down properly, so it was running in the background whereas eclipse was telling me that it stopped. Everytime I tried to start/stop the server again in eclipse, nothing really happend but it didn't told me that the server was still running either. Instead eclipse told me that the server started correctly but now it is obviously why nothing showed up in the console view.

After killing the server process that was running in the background manually, starting it again with eclipse shows the server log in the console view once again and everything is back to normal. I was missing a "server already running"-message when starting it in eclipse, that would have been helpful.

Anyway, thanks for your help!