[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: In memory TaskClient without Mina or JMS

Franklin Antony do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jul 25 01:13:12 EDT 2011

Franklin Antony [http://community.jboss.org/people/frankee787] created the discussion

"Re: In memory TaskClient without Mina or JMS"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/617280#617280

Hi Daniele,
   Thanks a lot for your recommendations.

Just to clarify. If a transaction can work (in JTA) inside a spring IOC container, can we safely assume it will work inside a JEE App Server? I would like things to be unit testable outside the appserver(probably my ignorance).

Regarding persistance.xml, its a good point. I shall keep that as a note to-do.

Now that you have tagged 5.0 and re-written the TaskService and TaskServiceSession, how would you be able to migrate your code base to 5.1 , 5.2 and further on? Am sure it is possible , but it sure starts to be a pain after sometime.

Hence wouldnt it be better if jBPM5 tasks support JTA type transactions. Which brings me to the last point as to whether you can open up a JIRA with the knowledge you have gained. Lets try to put this into the codebase so more people can use this seamlessly.

> Please keep us up to date; I will try to get in contact with the responsible developers for this sub project if we really decide to use this library in our project. Currently we are discussing to write it completely from scratch because it has not so many features implemented or is this mature that we could not do the same in a couple of days. I think the whole architecture should be reconsidered, with a pure business core and several providers for the different contexts this service could be running in.

Sure, I'll do that.

Regards,
Franklin