[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Human Task Forms (on the fly)

Tobias Wittur do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jul 25 01:15:36 EDT 2011

Tobias Wittur [http://community.jboss.org/people/tob1as] created the discussion

"Human Task Forms (on the fly)"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/617281#617281

Hi,

I had a look at the humantask example in the jbpm-5.1.0.Final-examples.zip and was able to create a simple workflow with ftl files. However, I would prefer the engine to create the forms on the fly, since a business user would not want to write html by hand.

I had a look at this video:

"Develop complex jBPM processes all in Guvnor? Yes, you can!" :  http://vimeo.com/26126678 http://vimeo.com/26126678

and realized, there should be a button that creates the forms:

 http://community.jboss.org/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/2-617281-16786/generate+task+forms.PNG  http://community.jboss.org/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-617281-16786/410-230/generate+task+forms.PNG
The video was submitted 09.07.2011, 2 days after the new designer was released:

I checked the latest version of the designer, which is
| designer-1.0.0.053  | 2011-07-07 |

I downloaded the war file and replaced
C:\jbpm\jboss-5.1.0.GA\server\default\deploy\designer.war with the latest version.

However, I still do not get this buttion. Do I have to do anything else in order to get the new designer running?
I downloaded the latest jbpm-full-install.zip, and this is still installing the 1.0.0.052 version of the designer.

I also had a look at the evaluation example under

C:\jbpm\sample\evaluation.

I realized that if I add the evaluation.bpmn from eclipse to guvnor, that there are no ftl files ?!
Also if I check "Other assets, documentation" in guvnor, I can not see any ftl files. So how exactly can the evaluation process work without templates?

When I try to recreate the evaluation process without template files, I always get an error:

org.jboss.resteasy.spi.UnhandledException: java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to process form template
java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to process form template
freemarker.core.InvalidReferenceException: employee is undefined.

Best regards and thanks for your help,

Tobias