[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: In memory TaskClient without Mina or JMS

Daniele Ulrich do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jul 25 01:50:51 EDT 2011

Daniele Ulrich [http://community.jboss.org/people/daniele.ulrich] created the discussion

"Re: In memory TaskClient without Mina or JMS"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/617288#617288

Hi Franklin

Yes, it should work in any JTA managed environment. There is simply no other choice than to rely on JTA and XA if you want to keep multiple databases in sync within proper transaction boundaries. For unit tests you have to solve the usual tasks if you need managed environments in J2SE; but you already have a recipe with your spring solution...

I only have read access to the GIT repository, so I did not tag the source. I started from the 5.0.0 tag and need to apply similar changes to the 5.1.0-Final. Yes, as long as the JPA integration is no official part of the library, you will be responsible yourself for porting the changes in every new release.

It is a question of the target architecture of the human task library: it is purely designed as stand alone server without the need of transactional behaviour. If the developer team sticks to this design they will probably not see a need to change anything. Hence raising a bug in JIRA would led to the "works as designed" conclusion.

I will discuss these issues in our daily meeting today; if we decide to use the service, I will be able to put some additional effort into a portable solution... I already have a couple of ideas... i.e. an EntityManagerFactory wrapper that is capable to deal with a JTA environment could eliminate the necessity to change the library itself...

Regards

Daniele

Daniele