[jboss-user] Specify management interface credentials when deploying using JBoss 7 Maven plugin

Sergey Zhigunov sergey.zhigunov at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 15:47:11 EDT 2011

Hi,

Does anybody knows how to specify user / password when running JBoss 7
Maven plugin?

I am running JBoss 7 final and trying to deploy quickstarts app. I
have JBoss management interface secured with admin / admin. I am
getting:

"Could not execute goal deploy on jboss-as-helloworld.war. Reason: No
more authentication mechanisms to try'

I tried to add  server definition to Maven settings.xml:
    <server>
      <id>localhost</id>
      <username>admin</username>
      <password>admin</password>
    </server>

And added to plugin definition in pom.xml:

        <plugin>
            <groupId>org.jboss.as.plugins</groupId>
            <artifactId>jboss-as-maven-plugin</artifactId>
            <version>7.0.0.Final</version>
			<configuration>
			    <servername>localhost</servername>
  			     <hostname>localhost</hostname>