[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - Re: javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: jdbc not bound

Jack Stevens do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Jun 2 11:13:43 EDT 2011

Jack Stevens [http://community.jboss.org/people/samalexander10] created the discussion

"Re: javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: jdbc not bound"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/608361#608361

Thanks for the quick response Peter!

For a follow up...
Say that I have a framework (like Spring) that has another layer of code where you can have a "datasource" bean that essentially holds the jndi name (eg. jdbc/TheDS) in a spring context xml file. Spring converts the jndi name to java:comp/env/jdbc/TheDS in the background.

Would JBoss still see be able to see that the code is using *+java:comp/env+* in front of +TheDS+ jndi name even though the *+java:comp/env+* is appended in front of +TheDS + jndi name only at runtime by Spring used in a class (org.springframework.jdbc.core.JdbcTemplate) found inside a Spring jar.

In other words using a framework like Spring that manages datasources at the application layer can we still successfully map to JBoss's -ds.xml jndi name +*java:jdbc/SomeDS.*+

Another answer to a question I would love to know is if this mapping technique can be done only for WARs in JBoss? How about if I just have a bunch of EJBs and/or jars packaged in an EAR file. Is there an EAR equivalent technique to map the jndi names to the JBoss' -ds.xml jndi name.

Again, I appreciate your help!