[jboss-user] [EJB3] - Re: How to create unit tests for EJB 3.0 based code to be deployed in jboss 5.1?

Jonathan Graham do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jun 6 13:41:41 EDT 2011

Jonathan Graham [http://community.jboss.org/people/kenundrum] created the discussion

"Re: How to create unit tests for EJB 3.0 based code to be deployed in jboss 5.1?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/608807#608807

Hey Conor,

My comapny had this same problem when looking into upgrading to EJB 3.0. We also attempted to use EJB3Unit as you have linked above, however there was a lot of hand holding we had to do in order to get it to 'sort of' work. The project is essentially dead from the last time we looked at it.

A better option we found was OpenEJB. (Link here: http://openejb.apache.org/ http://openejb.apache.org/)

It took a little bit to get up and running, buit once we got it there it works like a champ. We can hit against any database we doploy normally to, and it throws the same exceptions under the same circumstances (from what we have seen) as JBoss does.

If I can help get things set up for you let me know. I will help however possible.

Start a new discussion in EJB3 at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2029]