[jboss-user] [JBoss Web Services] - JAX-WS 2.1 support on JBoss AS 5.0.1

Benjamin Maisano do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jun 7 11:34:23 EDT 2011

Benjamin Maisano [http://community.jboss.org/people/benjamin.maisano] created the discussion

"JAX-WS 2.1 support on JBoss AS 5.0.1"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/609009#609009

Hi, I'm trying to generate a java client from a WSDL file using Eclipse Helios.  I've done latest updates for all plugins, (ie JWT, JBoss Tools, etc).  I right click the wsdl file and select "web services >> generate client" and a wizard launches and has me select several things, one of which being the jax-ws runtime, and I have selected JbossWS.  From this site I found a post with a link showing the table, telling me JBoss AS 5.0.1 has JbossWS 3.1.x support.  I also found a post stating JbossWS 3.1 supports JAX-WS 2.1.  However, when I select JAX-WS 2.1 in the wizard I get the following error:

| Error: Could not import. (use --verbose to see full traces) |  |
| java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: WSConsume (native) only supports JAX-WS 2.0 |  |
|  | at org.jboss.ws.tools.jaxws.impl.SunRIConsumerImpl.consume(SunRIConsumerImpl.java:202) |  |
|  | at org.jboss.wsf.spi.tools.cmd.WSConsume.importServices(WSConsume.java:222) |  |
|  | at org.jboss.wsf.spi.tools.cmd.WSConsume.main(WSConsume.java:80) |  |

If I select JAX-WS 2.0 the operation completes successfully and generates a bunch of java classes.  Can someone explain please....any help is grealty appreciated.

[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2044]