[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Re: A question on the external event using event Correlation

Francesco Pietrobelli do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jun 10 09:12:07 EDT 2011

Francesco Pietrobelli [http://community.jboss.org/people/francesco.pietrobelli] created the discussion

"Re: A question on the external event using event Correlation"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/609642#609642

Hi i'm back with some delay.

My question is: can the process engine handle message correlation automaticaly in according to BPMN 2.0 spec (section 8.3.2)? or i must to handle message correlation externaly to proccess engine?

Let me explain, i have understood that a process can wait a message by a intermediate catch message event or by a receive task.
In the first case my application can signal the arrival of message by only
ksession.signalEvent("Message-<messageId>",message,processInstanceId)

because if i use
ksession.signalEvent("Message-<messageId>",message)

only the start (and not the intermediate catch) message event is triggered

In second case my application can signal the arrival of message by
ksession.getWorkingItemManager().completeTask(workItem.getId(),mapThatContainsTheMessage)

it is correct?

then, if my application needs to be aware of the process id or the workItemId for signaling the arrival of a message when the correlationProperty come into play?

another question is: what is the difference at the conceptual level from intermediate catch message event and receive task? when is appropriate to use one rather than other?

Best regards