[jboss-user] [Beginner's Corner] - Clustering in JBoss 5.1

Igor Stepanov do-not-reply at jboss.com
Tue Jun 21 16:27:27 EDT 2011

Igor Stepanov [http://community.jboss.org/people/igor_mel] created the discussion

"Clustering in JBoss 5.1"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/611296#611296

Hi all!

I want to create a claster with two remote nodes and configure the load balaning with mod_jk. But after I read the documentation about this process I have some questions.

After making two nodes, in my main machine (wich is the 1st node) I install Apache server and configure it with mod_jk. The request from client comes to listener in Apache and then redirects to 1st or 2nd node. If the 2nd node crush - no problem. But, if the 1st node crush, then the load balancer crush too and the 2nd node couldn't work as cluster-node and the sense of cluster will be lost. Am I understand right?

Thanks for your attention!