[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Create task for user group

Ranjith R P do-not-reply at jboss.com
Fri Jun 24 07:10:02 EDT 2011

Ranjith R P [http://community.jboss.org/people/ranjithrp] created the discussion

"Create task for user group"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/611812#611812

Hi All,

Im new to jBPM and im trying to use the human task component of jBPM as standalone task manager.
I was able to add task to a user successfully, by creating an mvel expression and by using the apis present in the TaskClient class.
But while following the same path to create task for a user group i get the following error.

Referential integrity constraint violation: "FK1EE418D2C122ED2: PUBLIC.PEOPLEASSIGNMENTS_POTOWNERS FOREIGN KEY(ENTITY_ID) REFERENCES PUBLIC.ORGANIZATIONALENTITY(ID)"; SQL statement:
insert into PeopleAssignments_PotOwners (task_id, entity_id) values (?, ?)

As per the documentation it looks like i can add tasks to a user group (or just add tasks unassigned to any user), but can someone point me as to how that can be accomplished.

Also will i be able to edit a task (say the description or the priority) after the task has been created?

Thanks
Ranjith