[jboss-user] [Performance Tuning] - Failover performance

Ron K do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jun 27 05:31:18 EDT 2011

Ron K [http://community.jboss.org/people/ronsen] created the discussion

"Failover performance"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/612069#612069

Since the ability (ejb) to failover relies on the client side(if im not mistaken), the failover on a node crashing shouldnt be measurable or?
The client downloads the dp-object and handles it itsself, so will there be a measurable "delay" if a servercrash occurs and it fails over to another node?

My test was to deploy an ejb on 3 nodes and send counting numbers to the cluster. Whenever a node receives a number, it writes the receivment to the database whereas the database adds a timestamp, so that the times wont change according to the server clocks.
So, whenever a failover occurs, there should be a measureable delay between No. X and Y, just in case it causes some.

The result was, that theres (with nanosecs) actually none...
Did I understand anything wrong or does a measureable delay only occurs if theres anything has to be restored from replicated data?

Thanks in advance,

Start a new discussion in Performance Tuning at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2078]