[jboss-user] [Performance Tuning] - Re: Load-balance performance

Wolf-Dieter Fink do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jun 27 07:12:12 EDT 2011

Wolf-Dieter Fink [http://community.jboss.org/people/wdfink] created the discussion

"Re: Load-balance performance"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/612087#612087

There are two points to measure.
At server side we log the dureation and the type of call.
Same we do at the measure-client.
Also we analyze the JVM GC log and the CPU and I/O of the (UNIX) server system.

With this data we are able to see the footprint of memory and CPU for each JBoss/App instance.
With this data we do optimizing and forcast.

It is indispensable to cluster instances with the same power, othewise you will have performance-leaks in your cluster  :(  because of the symetric loadbalancing.
A loadbalancing with server sided measurement will have too much weight for administrate the data mining IMHO.

Start a new discussion in Performance Tuning at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2078]