[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Tasks definition extension points

Marco Piraccini do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Jun 27 11:23:32 EDT 2011

Marco Piraccini [http://community.jboss.org/people/mpiraccini] created the discussion

"Tasks definition extension points"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/612158#612158

Hi Guys,

I'm looking for a (smart) way of extending Tasks definitions with custom attributes, in a way similar to the one used with "drools" attributes.
For instance, if we have:

<bpmn2:task id="(...)" drools:taskName="Application" name="Task2">
(...)
</bpmn2:task>

...I'd like also to define:

<bpmn2:task id="(...)" drools:taskName="Application" custom:group="test" name="Task2">
(...)
</bpmn2:task>

...where the "group" attibute is defined by me.
Now, I'd like to get these values in my WorkItems, so that I can use them in my (custom) WorkItemHandler.

Looking at the JBPM code, the correct strategy seems to be (correct me, if I'm wrong) to load them in the org.jbpm.bpmn2.xmlAbstractWorkHandler class and to put them as WorkItem "Metadata".
Now the question is: Is my reasoning is correct ore there's a smarter way to obtain the same thing? Becaus if i'm not wrong, I have to modify the JBPM code to implement that...

Marco.