[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Setting process variables

new -user do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Mar 2 15:35:19 EST 2011

new -user [http://community.jboss.org/people/new-user] created the discussion

"Setting process variables"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/590737#590737

Hi,
I have created a simple process workflow and template files for it. (hello.ftl & helloTask.ftl) The first template has the below statement :
Enter some value <input type="text" width="200" name="abcvariable" />
and helloTask.ftl template prints the entered value like below :
Youentered : ${abcvariable}<br>

When I start the process I enter some data in that text box. Nex if I try to open the task list I get below exception :

"freemarker.core.InvalidReferenceException: Expression abcvariable is undefined on line 10, column 13 in HelloTask"

I dont want to add the parameters in the code file using hashmap. Since the control name becomes as process variable it should print the value isn' it?
I am trying to avoid eclipse here and do everything in webconsole.