[jboss-user] [jBPM] - get the task id in human task handler

Odelya Holiday do-not-reply at jboss.com
Sun Mar 6 11:53:46 EST 2011

Odelya Holiday [http://community.jboss.org/people/odelyaholiday] created the discussion

"get the task id in human task handler"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/591477#591477

Hi!

In my application I create a custom human task handler that sends web service to external program with the current human task id.

I tried to extract the task by adding after this:

client.addTask(task, content, null);

Long taskId = task.getId();

taskId is always 0!

I think that it's because I wrap my process in one transaction - so it doesn't save to database the task until the process finished.

UserTransaction ut =

  (UserTransaction) new InitialContext().lookup( "java:comp/UserTransaction" );

ut.begin();

ksession.startProcess( "MyProcess" );

// commit the transaction

ut.commit()

I believe that I can't create transaction inside transaction - so how can I retrieve the task id within the human task handler  in order to use it for future task complete purposes?

how do you recommend to use transactions otherwise?