[jboss-user] [JBoss Cache] - Replication not happening. Using wrong cache?

jaysmith do-not-reply at jboss.com
Mon Mar 7 13:14:30 EST 2011

jaysmith [http://community.jboss.org/people/jaysmith] created the discussion

"Replication not happening. Using wrong cache?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/591698#591698

Hi there,

apologies if this seems a noob question or has been answered a lot of times already but concise information is tough enough to come by.

we have a JBoss 3.2 cache set up on our cluster that contains 2 WebLogic 10.3 managed servers with replication enabled and I've noticed that simple name/value pairs seem to be replicated in the cache just fine but TO objects, even ones with 5 or so String member variables are not.

The cache we're using is a plain TreeCache and I'm wondering if the TO objects aren't replicating because the TreeCache isn't designed to and I should be using PojoCache instead?

With that in mind, I'm looking at ways to speed up an application I have and want to use HashMaps to store database reference data (that doesn't change) to do the lookups in the Java code instead of firing more SQL off to the database servers.  I could use a singleton and HashMaps in the Java code but I'd like to move the lookup data into a cache outside of the app.  Would a PojoCache be the suitable cache type for a HashMap? Is the memory overhead too much overkill just to store some reference data?

Thanks in advance for any replies

Start a new discussion in JBoss Cache at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2052]