[jboss-user] [JBoss Messaging] - message stuck in clustered queue

Tan Pauline do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Mar 10 04:04:33 EST 2011

Tan Pauline [http://community.jboss.org/people/schipperde] created the discussion

"message stuck in clustered queue"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/592355#592355

Hi, I'm using JBoss AS 5.1 with messaging 1.4.3 to do clustering. My setup is 2 JBoss nodes (A & B) with 2 standalone applications pointing to the nodes separately. The problem is sometimes the nodes will have 1 consumer each, and the messages can be received correctly, but sometimes both consumers will camp at node A or B only, and messages sent to the other node will not be consumed. I ran the distributed-queue example and it works fine though.

I have configured my setup as below:

*connection-factories-service.xml*
   <mbean code="org.jboss.jms.server.connectionfactory.ConnectionFactory"
      name="jboss.messaging.connectionfactory:service=ClusteredConnectionFactory"
      xmbean-dd="xmdesc/ConnectionFactory-xmbean.xml">
*
*
      <attribute name="SupportsFailover">true</attribute>
      <attribute name="SupportsLoadBalancing">true</attribute>
      <attribute name="DisableRemotingChecks">true</attribute>
      <attribute name="LoadBalancingFactory">org.jboss.jms.client.plugin.RoundRobinLoadBalancingFactory</attribute>

*messaging-service.xml*
      <attribute name="ClusterPullConnectionFactoryName">jboss.messaging.connectionfactory:service=ClusterPullConnectionFactory</attribute>

*mysql-persistence-service.xml*
      <attribute name="Clustered">true</attribute>
     <attribute name="FailoverOnNodeLeave">true</attribute>

*my-destinations-service.xml*
        <attribute name="Clustered">true</attribute>

Another problem is when the 2 consumers are at node A and the message is stuck at node B, after shutting down node B (either through ctrl-c or closing the window), the message does not failover to node A, even though on the console it says

[ INFO][org.jboss.messaging.core.impl.postoffice.MessagingPostOffice.info():296] JBoss Messaging is failing over for failed node 1. If there are many messages to reload this may take some time...
[ INFO][org.jboss.messaging.core.impl.postoffice.MessagingPostOffice.info():296] JBoss Messaging failover completed

Appreciate if anyone can help to answer my question. Thanks.

Start a new discussion in JBoss Messaging at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2042]