[jboss-user] [EJB3] - Re: How can I change the default ejb3 jndi name?

Fin Steenbjerg do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Mar 10 08:39:17 EST 2011

Fin Steenbjerg [http://community.jboss.org/people/fsotest] created the discussion

"Re: How can I change the default ejb3 jndi name?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/592440#592440

I have a kind of similar problem. I would like to include a version number in the jndi path like this: ear-name-V0-0/ejb-name/remote. In jboss 5.1 the first part of the jndi-name is taken from the ear-file being deployed. Is it possible to use something else then the name of the ear-file name (I would not like the ear file to be named ear-name-V0-0.ear). I would not like to use @LocalBinding at each ejb since it would then have to include the version number at each ejb. The only implementation I can figure out is to add an jboss.xml for each ejb module and include bindings for each bean (at build time). But I would prefer only to have the version number at one place. Any ideas.

Start a new discussion in EJB3 at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2029]