[jboss-user] [jBPM] - Failover best practice (persistence process and session)

lstrzelecki do-not-reply at jboss.com
Thu Mar 10 11:05:36 EST 2011

lstrzelecki [http://community.jboss.org/people/lstrzelecki] created the discussion

"Failover best practice (persistence process and session)"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/592488#592488

Hi.
I'm trying to achieve process which will start on restart server.
For testing purpouses I've created process which logs counter in infinity loop.

Q1: When I should invoke .dispose()? When process goes into loop

StatefulKnowledgeSession session = JPAKnowledgeService.newStatefulKnowledgeSession(knowledgeBase, null, environment);
session.startProcess(processName,params);
// getting processInstanceId and sessionId - pestist with JPA

and when i'm *not* invoking .dispose()
Output:
counter: 1
counter: 2
counter: 3
counter: 4
counter: 5
counter: 6

but when i invoke .dispose in finally block it ends on first print.

Q2: I created one session for one process. So I allways create new session when starting new process. Is that good solution?
Q3: I've created entity which holds information about session and processInstance (ids both of then). When Spring context starts i read all active processes and rerunes all session by invoking for every session:

JPAKnowledgeService.loadStatefulKnowledgeSession( http://community.jboss.org/message/592488#592488 Failover best practice (persistence process and session), knowledgeBase, null, environment);

After that while starting server every processes(infinity loops) continue printing counter but until I don't invoke .dispose().
So I doubt that I need have open all sessions while server is running.

I'm suppose that engine should care about monitoring process, but nothing like this happens after calling .dispose()