[jboss-user] [EJB3] - Re: Where is the TransactionTimeout annotation in AS 7?

Andrig Miller do-not-reply at jboss.com
Wed Mar 16 17:17:42 EDT 2011

Andrig Miller [http://community.jboss.org/people/andy.miller] created the discussion

"Re: Where is the TransactionTimeout annotation in AS 7?"

To view the discussion, visit: http://community.jboss.org/message/593602#593602

> Carlo de Wolf wrote:
>
> All extension annotations are not yet implemented in AS 7 Beta 1. This depends on how we make things configurable through the domain. Once that has been decided we'll see which extension annotations still make sense.
Well, just let me say that the TransactionTimeout annotation is appropriate.  Regardless of what you can configure, which you should be able to configure the transaction timeout for JBossTS, as you can do that today.  The problem with that, is that it will be for all transactions.  So, if you have a single method, as in my case, that needs longer, and you don't want a longer transaction timeout for everything, then you need this ability.  This is a common use case, at least from my perspective.  So, I would appreciate this being implemented, and I know lots of other users will too.

Start a new discussion in EJB3 at Community
[http://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2029]